ISLE OF BUTE GIN COMPANY LTD
Customer privacy and due and proper processing of personal information when shopping online is important to you – and it’s important to us too.
This privacy notice outlines how Isle of Bute Gin Company Ltd (“IOBD” or “we”) collects, uses, and discloses Personal Information when you visit or make a purchase from isleofbutedistillery.com (the “Website”). In this privacy notice, the term “Personal Information” refers to any information that can be used to identify a person. Please read this privacy notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of this privacy notice is deemed to occur upon first use of the Website. If you do not accept and agree with this privacy notice then you must stop using the Website.
Our contact details:
Name: Isle of Bute Gin Company Ltd
Address: 65 High Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute, PA20 9AU
The type of information collected:
When you visit or make a purchase from the Website, we collect and process Personal Information that is required to provide our services and complete your order. Personal Information may also be collected and processed if you contact IOBD for customer support or enquiries.
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- personal identifiers (including name, email address, phone contact details);
- device information (including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone and certain cookies installed on your device); and
- order information (including billing address, shipping address, payment information, including credit/debit card numbers).
Why this information is collected:
The Personal Information we process is provided to us directly by you and it is used for one of the following reasons:
- to provide products to you to fulfil our purchase contract;
- to process your payment information, arrange for shipping and provide you with order confirmations or invoices;
- to communicate with you and screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- to load the Website accurately for you and to perform analytics on Website usage to optimise our Website experience;
- to provide customer support services; and
- in compliance with the privacy preferences you have shared with us, to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Sharing information that is collected:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us provide our Website services and fulfil purchase contracts with our customers, for example:
- we use Stripe to power the online shop section of our Website. You can read how Stripe processes your Personal Information here: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. Note that you can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout; and
- we may be required to share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, requests from government bodies or law enforcement agencies, or other lawful requests for information that we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
General Data Protection Regulation:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- your consent;
- the performance of the purchase contract between you and IOBD;
- compliance with our legal obligations; or
- that we have a legitimate interest.
Retention of information and your rights:
When you make a purchase through the Website we will maintain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you request us to delete this information.
Under data protection law you have the right to ask us for a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated or erased.
Contact us about privacy concerns:
If you have any concerns about collection or processing of your Personal Information, you can make a complaint to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail sent to Isle of Bute Distillery Limited at 65 High Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute, PA20 9AU. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer by visiting: https://www.ico.org.uk.
Changes to this notice:
IOBD may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. Any update to this notice will be displayed on the Website.
Last updated 18 May 2022